Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Warped! The Adventures of Sandy and Angus (now with 100% more updates!)



This is a pin-up I did for my friend Fernando Pinto's comic Warped!. It's kinda like a buddy cop movie, but it's in space, and they're bounty hunters (not cops), and the one-liners are waaaay better. And there's no shortage of quirky, inventive concepts and characters. Fernando's a great storyteller and it's nice to see him really cutting loose in this book. It's a really great, fun read and you can check it out for FREE! on Graphic.ly. Issue 4 was released this week and it's just as awesome as the other three, so go read it now!

Pencils and inks:

UPDATE

This was my first try at the thing. I still kinda like it, but the guns in the top left corner were making a weird shape and it was too dynamic just for no reason and it needed more breathing room overall. I don't know.. maybe I'll do something with it in the future that's more gooder.

And the gun Angus is holding is supposed to be a blunderbuss with a goldfish bowl attached as a clip. Yeah. When you draw all day, you're mind wanders. Sometimes you get weird ideas. Sometimes those ideas involve old world-style weaponry and innocent fish. Angus doesn't even use a gun like this. Ever. So I don't really know what I was thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow dude. That is awesome. That turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete