Monday, April 2, 2012

181 Days of Jack Kirby Characters

Last year I challenged myself to doing a sketch card daily and posting it to twitter, and I chose to do characters created by Jack Kirby because I knew there were hundreds and it would keep me busy and motivated. Oh yeah, and because Kirby created some of the greatest comic book characters and designs ever and I knew they'd be fun. Towards the end they weren't "daily" so much as "when I had the time", but I managed to finish the set anyway. Here they all are in chronological order:

Here it is ENLARGED.
And here's a link to the Twitpic Gallery.

I also want to really thank everyone who retweeted these cards and helped me spread them around the internet. You guys rule. I hope you enjoyed checking them out as much as I did making them.





4 comments:

  1. duuuuuude! those celestials on the top are ridiculous!!!!!
    Awesome job on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gio! It's pretty surreal to see them all together. I forget working on so many of them haha

      Delete
    2. I bet, man. It's a heck of a lot of cards!
      How do you get to work on trading cards?
      I'd love to try doing this!

      Delete
    3. It was just a personal project, really, but spending an hour or so a day doing them as warm-ups helped my whole routine. I think drawing something for fun like, once a day keeps your head screwed on right :)

      Delete